Cannabidiol (CBD) generally expresses different effects for different people but some of the most common are:
– Multiple studies have found CBD to reduce stress, improve symptoms for PTSD, and help induce sleep in cases of insomnia.
– Currently researchers are exploring the effectiveness of CBD as it pertains to neurological diseases which can cause nerves and the brain itself to deteriorate. The receptor in play is called the CB1, which is one of the places CBD molecules attach themselves. These researchers are conducting studies to see if they have a positive effect on preventing and treating Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and strokes.
– One place where CBD has been found most effective is treating and preventing seizures. Studies on epilepsy patients are being conducted to determine how much CBD should be ordered to treat this condition as well as side effects. One study found it was effective in reducing seizures in 36.5% of their participants.
Reduction of Inflammation/Anti-Acne
– CBD has been shown to influence your immune receptors to reduce inflammation. One study showed the oil prevented activity in the sebaceous glands, a gland that produces sebum which hydrates the skin. Too much of this can cause acne.
– Research is still in its early stages, but many studies are now investigating the role of CBD in preventing cancer cell growth. The National Cancer Institute (NCI) says that CBD may help alleviate cancer symptoms and cancer treatment side effects, mainly as they apply to radiation sickness. CBD’s ability to help moderate inflammation and change how cells reproduce is why it’s being considered as a treatment for this, yet as stated these studies are still in progress.
– The effects of CBD on your CB1 receptor may also help you manage pain. CBD has had success in treating some kinds of arthritis, chronic pain, muscle aches and even spinal cord injuries. These studies are ongoing.
NOTE – These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cute or prevent any disease. It’s recommended that you consult your physician before beginning a CBD regimen.